During operating hours, all drivers must have an E-ZPass or E-ZPass Flex to enter the 64 Express Lanes.
- Travelers with 2 or more occupants (HOV 2+) in a vehicle travel for FREE with an E-ZPass Flex transponder. Simply move the slide to display “HOV ON” (below)
- If driving alone (single occupant vehicle), travelers with a Flex transponder will need to slide the switch to cover “HOV ON” and travel 64 Express Lanes at the posted toll rate. (not shown)
- A standard E-ZPass transponder will also work for single occupant vehicles. The posted toll price will apply. (below)
Where can I obtain E-ZPass or E-ZPass Flex?
- Online: www.EZPassVA.com
- Phone: 877.762.7824
- E-ZPass/E-ZPass DMV Customer Service Centers:
Norfolk – 1701 Church Street, Norfolk, VA 23504
Portsmouth – 4010 Victory Boulevard, Portsmouth, VA 23701
Newport News – 12730 Patrick Henry Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
- E-ZPass On-The-Go Retailers: Find a full list here.
An E-ZPass account can be opened and replenished with cash, check, debit card, credit card, Virginia Reload Card or bank transfer with no monthly account fees.
*Note* You cannot exchange your E-ZPass for an E-ZPass Flex at an E-ZPass On-the-Go retailer. You must go to www.EZPassVA.com, call 877.762.7824 (toll-free) or visit an E-ZPass Customer Service Center.